Clarke Road Transport Inc based in Halifax, NS is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Long haul truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, To be determined, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Clarke Road Transport Inc
Position: Long haul truck driver
No. of vacancies: 4
Salary: $50,000 to $65,000 annually for 40 to 70 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Halifax, NS
- The candidate will be expected to maintain professionalism in customer service.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be required to perform brake adjustments.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate of secondary (high) school graduation or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have an AZ class licence, an Air Brakes Endorsement, an Air Brake (Z) Endorsement, and a valid driver’s licence (Class 1 or A)
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about Accident or incident reports, Bill of lading, Driver logbook, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Trans-border documentation and Trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- Trucking and equipment types include dry bulk and tractor-trailer.
- The candidate must be well-versed in both international and national regions.
- The candidate should have prior experience running long-distance trips.
Security and safety
- The candidate must have a valid passport.
- The candidate should undergo a thorough criminal record check, driver’s licence validity check, driving record check (abstract), drug test, and medical exam.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must have a cell phone and steel-toed safety boots.
- Health, Financial and Long Term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive a bonus and mileage reimbursement.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits, Life insurance and Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP).
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.