Long haul truck driver
Trans 99 logistics based in 367 speedvale ave west, Guelph, ON N1H 1M7 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Long haul truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Trans 99 logistics
Position: Long haul truck driver
No. of vacancies: 5
Salary: $26.50 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 367 speedvale ave west, Guelph, ON N1H 1M7
- The candidate will be expected to respond to customer complaints or concerns.
- The candidate must maintain professionalism in customer service.
- The candidate must drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- The candidate will be required to load and unload goods.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be required to perform brake adjustments.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be expected to perform preventive maintenance.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 7 months to less than 1 year of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have an AZ class licence and an Air Brake (Z) Endorsement.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate must be well-organized.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be familiar with Accident or incident reports, Bill of lading, Dangerous goods occurrence reports, Driver logbook, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Maintenance and repair reports, Trans-border documentation and Trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The trucking and equipment types are flatbed, refrigerated, and tractor-trailer.
Security and Safety
- The candidate must have a Basic security clearance.
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough driver’s licence validity check, driving record check (abstract), and drug test.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be able to handle a heavy workload.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.