Roadino Transport Inc. based in Stony Mountain, MB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Long haul truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
Employer Name: Roadino Transport Inc.
Position: Long haul truck driver
No. of vacancies: 6
Salary: $24.50 hourly for 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Stony Mountain, MB
- The candidate will be expected to coach colleagues on new methods or techniques of work.
- The candidate must have owner-operator business skills.
- The candidate will be required to load and unload goods.
- The candidate must obtain special permits and other documents required for international cargo transportation.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be required to perform roadside emergency repairs.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be expected to perform preventive maintenance.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must have an AZ class licence, an Air Brake (Z) endorsement, and a valid driver’s licence (Class 1 or A).
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 45 kg (100 lbs).
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate’s relocation expenses will be covered by the employer.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be familiar with driver logbooks, inspection reports (pre-trip, en-route, and post-trip), maintenance and repair reports and trans-border documentation.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The trucking and equipment type is tractor-trailer.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be able to use GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation devices.
- The candidate should be well-versed in the use of a trip recorder (on-board computer)
- The candidate must have prior experience running long-distance trips.
- The candidate must be familiar with international, national, provincial/territorial, and regional regions.
Security and Safety
- The candidate must have a valid passport.
- The candidate must have a basic security clearance.
- The candidate’s driving record should be thoroughly investigated (abstract).
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be able to handle a heavy workload.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions
- The candidate must have their own cell phone and steel-toed safety boots.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.