Long haul truck driver
1706983 Alberta Ltd based in 5929 8 Avenue SW, Edmonton, AB T6X 0G5 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Long haul truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: 1706983 Alberta Ltd
Position: Long haul truck driver
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $29.00 hourly for 40 to 50 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 5929 8 Avenue SW, Edmonton, AB T6X 0G5
- The candidate will be required to load and unload goods.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must have a Class 1/1F/A licence (semi trailer trucks).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be familiar with the Bill of Lading, Inspection reports (pre-trip, en-route, and post-trip), and Trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The trucking and equipment type is flatbed.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be able to use GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation devices.
Security and Safety
- The candidate must have a valid passport.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must have their own cell phone.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.