Starline International Trading Corporation based in Vancouver, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Long haul truck driver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Term or contract or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Overtime, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Starline International Trading Corporation
Position: Long haul truck driver
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $27.50 hourly for 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Term or contract, Full time
Location: Vancouver, BC
- The candidate must have mountain driving experience.
- The candidate must drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be responsible for pre-trip, en route, and post-trip vehicle inspections, as well as overseeing all aspects of the vehicle.
- The candidate will be expected to receive and relay information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must have an Air Brakes Endorsement, an Air Brake (Z) Endorsement, and a valid driver’s licence (Class 1 or A).
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be familiar with accident or incident reports, driver logbooks, pre-trip, en-route, and post-trip inspection reports, and trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- Trucking and equipment types include dry bulk and tractor-trailer.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be able to use GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation devices.
- The candidate should be well-versed in the use of Trip recorder (on-board computer) and Citizens band (CB) radio.
- The candidate should have experience in running Long-haul trips.
- The candidate must have international transportation/travel experience.
Security and Safety
- The candidate must have a valid passport.
- The candidate should undergo a thorough criminal record check, driver’s licence validity check, driving record check (abstract), drug test, and medical exam.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be able to handle a heavy workload.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate must have their own cell phone.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.