Pro Vita Care Management based in Nanaimo, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Licensed practical nurse (L.P.N.) who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Part time leading to full time job.
Employer Name: Pro Vita Care Management
Position: Licensed practical nurse (L.P.N.)
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $28.43 to $32.98 hourly (to be negotiated) 22.5 to 30 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Part time leading to full time
Location: Nanaimo, BC
- The candidate must administer medication as well as observe and document therapeutic effects.
- The candidate must take vital signs, use aseptic techniques such as sterile dressing, control infection, monitor nutritional intake, and collect specimens.
- The candidate must provide pre-operative and post-operative personal and comfort care.
- The candidate will be responsible for monitoring established respiratory and intravenous therapy.
- The candidate will be expected to provide individuals and their families with safety and health education.
- The candidate will be expected to provide nursing services to patients within a defined scope of practise based on patient assessment and care planning procedures.
- The candidate will be expected to monitor patients’ progress, evaluate the effectiveness of nursing interventions, and consult with members of the healthcare team as needed.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate or diploma from a College, CEGEP, or other non-university programme lasting 3 months to less than a year.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 7 months to less than 1 year of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be eligible for practical nurse licensure in the province/territory of employment and have a First Aid Certificate.
- The candidate must pass the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate must be interpersonally aware.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate will be required to work in a nursing home or a home for the elderly.
Experience and specialization
Area of specialization
- The candidate must be knowledgeable in Geriatrics.
Security and safety
- The candidate should undergo a thorough criminal background check and tuberculosis test.
- The candidate must have proof of immunisation.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate must be able to handle a large case load.
- Health, Financial, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive benefits in accordance with the collective agreement.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive additional benefits.
- In addition to the Health, Financial, and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Wellness program.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.