Labourer, grain farm
Silver Meadows Farm Market Ltd based in Errington, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Labourer, grain farm who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Silver Meadows Farm Market Ltd
Position: Labourer, grain farm
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $16.00 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Full time
Location: Errington, BC
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting vegetables by hand.
- The candidate will be in charge of hoeing crops.
- The candidate will be expected to plant, cultivate, and irrigate crops.
- The candidate will be in charge of weeding.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting crops.
- The candidate will be expected to inspect the product for quality and prepare it for market.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 7 months to less than 1 year of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work Site Environment
- Farm operations include corn farming, fruit and vegetable combination farming, and other vegetables and melon farming (except potato).
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty and hot conditions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a rural area.
Experience and Specialization
Type of Crops
- Crops include field berries, raspberries, strawberries, sweet corn, and zucchini.
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience driving a farm truck and a tractor.
Automated systems experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with an automated irrigation system.
- The candidate must have their own transportation.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
1019 Errington Road
Please include the following while sending the application
- Job reference number- 01
- Cover letter
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed