Mayne Inc based in 7024 Kilbourne Rd, London, ON N6P 1K6 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Industrial designer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Mayne Inc. is a premium architectural product manufacturer with AAMA 2605 applicator certification, designing and developing products for durability, sustainability, and creative expression. Our planters, window boxes, mail posts, address signs, and storage bins stand out and can be found outside homes and businesses throughout the United States and Canada. Our dedication to quality extends to both our manufacturing and customer service operations.
We carefully chose rotational moulding as our preferred manufacturing method. Our goal is to be a community leader in the home and gardening space across North America. Our mission is to design outdoor spaces that are both visually appealing and functional. We accomplish this by creating high-quality, locally made, timeless products. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The selected candidate will be required to work during the day shift (08:00 to 17:00). The position of Industrial designer has been approved by the LMIA
Employer Name: Mayne Inc
Position: Industrial designer
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $45,000 to $65,000 annually for 40 to 42.5 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 7024 Kilbourne Rd, London, ON N6P 1K6
Design Methods: Visual communication, Model making, Illustration, Drafting and Detailed visualization
Area of Specialization: Furniture and Consumer products
- The candidate should have thorough knowledge in Project management
- The candidate must prepare design concepts, sketches, or models for approval.
- The candidate must analyse the intended use of products as well as user preferences.
- The candidate will be required to conduct cost, material property, and manufacturing method research.
- The candidate will be required to consult with the client, engineers, or production specialists to determine product requirements.
- The candidate will be required to create manufacturing drawings, specifications, and production guidelines, as well as build a design prototype.
- The candidate must be able to read blueprints, schematics, and drawings.
- The candidate will be required to refine designs and create virtual models of products using Computer-aided design (CAD)
- To determine whether a design is practical, the candidate will be required to evaluate product safety, appearance, and function.
- The candidate will be required to test product designs using models, prototypes, specialised computer software, and computer-aided design (CAD) technology.
- The candidate will be expected to stay current on design trends and influences.
- The candidate will be expected to conduct industry literature research, attend industry specific tradeshows, and develop a knowledge base of product trends through conversations with production, engineering, and sales professionals, which will lead to new product design ideas.
- The candidate will be expected to create preliminary artistic drawings of product concepts in the form of illustrations and storyboards, present them to clients for feedback, and creatively use the feedback to refine product design.
- The candidate will be required to use 3D printing to create non-functional and functional product prototypes in order to assess their feasibility.
- The candidate must use computer-aided industrial design (CAID) software to instruct manufacturing equipment on how to construct the finalised product design and present it to the manufacturing department.
- The candidate will be required to select appropriate materials for all products, assist in product colour and finish selection, and collaborate with the engineering and manufacturing teams to ensure design compatibility for production.
- The candidate will be expected to administer industrial designs for all new and existing products, conduct research for all designs, maintain documents for same, ensure compliance with all design standards, and develop all compelling designs for product requirements.
- The candidate will be expected to participate in all research programmes, prepare project plans, coordinate with designers and engineers, and ensure the best possible customer experience.
- The candidate will be expected to gather all requirements for front-end strategies and to provide guidance for all activities.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
or equivalent experience
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 2 to 3 years of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The ideal candidate will be client-focused.
- The candidate must be self-motivated.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should be Customer-oriented and friendly.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality.
- The candidate must possess a strong illustration or other graphic design portfolio
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate
- The candidate should have strong critical thinking skills.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate must be able to take the initiative and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- The candidate should have good decision making skills.
- The candidate must be able to remain calm in a stressful situation
- The candidate should be able to articulate a concept concisely.
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about hardware, tools, and machines.
- The candidate should be able to work well with others.
- The candidate should be excellent at translating an idea into a design.
- The candidate must be proficient in computer software.
- The candidate should be analytical as well as artistic.
- The candidate should be skilled in drawing and mechanical drafting.
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- The candidate should be familiar with Adobe Photoshop, SolidWorks software, Autodesk Inventor and Autodesk 3ds Max
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- Health, Long term, Financial and other benefits would be provided to the selected candidates.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidates would get Health care plan, Dental plan and Vision care benefits
- Under Long term benefits, the selected candidates would get Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidates would get Bonus.
- In addition to the above mentioned health, financial and long term benefits the selected candidates would get other benefits in the form of Free parking facilities, Learning or training paid by employer, Paid time off (volunteering or personal days) and Team building opportunities
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- Link to web portfolio
- Copy of portfolio or relevant work examples
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed