George Dawson Inn based in Dawson Creek, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Hotel front desk clerk who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning. The position of Hotel front desk clerk has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: George Dawson Inn
Position: Hotel front desk clerk
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $17.00 hourly / 35 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Dawson Creek, BC
- The candidate will be responsible for registering guests and assigning rooms.
- The candidate will be expected to process group arrivals and departures.
- The candidate must accept, cancel, and change room reservations.
- The candidate must provide information on hotel facilities and services.
- The candidate will be expected to provide general information about local points of interest.
- The candidate will be expected to investigate and resolve complaints and claims.
- The candidate will be required to exchange foreign currency.
- The candidate will be responsible for processing guest departures, calculating charges, and receiving payments.
- The candidate must balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports, and related forms.
- The candidate will be expected to keep track of vacancies, reservations, and room assignments.
- The candidate must adhere to emergency and safety procedures.
- The candidate will be expected to perform clerical tasks (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying).
- The candidate will be expected to answer the phone and relay calls and messages.
- The candidate must assist clients/guests with special needs.
- The candidate must be able to handle wake-up calls.
- The candidate must provide excellent customer service.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate will be required to work in a hotel, motel, or resort.
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- The candidate must be familiar with the Internet.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.