Tala Family based in Hamilton, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Home child care provider who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Term or contract or Full time job. The shift timings include Day and Morning.
Employer Name: Tala Family
Position: Home child care provider
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $17.00 hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Term or contract, Full time
Location: Hamilton, ON
- The candidate will be required to perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties.
- The candidate will be required to accompany the family on trips and assist with child supervision and housekeeping duties.
- The candidate will be in charge of washing, ironing and pressing clothes and household linens.
- The candidate must bathe, dress, and feed infants and children.
- The candidate will be expected to discipline children using the methods specified by the parents.
- The candidate will be responsible for instructing children in personal hygiene and social development.
- The candidate will be in charge of keeping daily activity and health records for children.
- The candidate will be required to maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home.
- The candidate will be expected to organise activities for children such as games and outings.
- The candidate will be in charge of preparing and serving healthy meals.
- The candidate must prepare infants and children for rest periods.
- The candidate will be responsible for child supervision and care.
- The candidate will be responsible for transporting children to and from school and appointments.
- The candidate will be expected to look after the emotional well-being of children.
- The candidate will be expected to assist children with their homework.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate of secondary (high) school graduation or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The work environment is smoke-free and odor-free.
- The candidate will be required to work at the Employer’s residence.
- On a live-in basis, the candidate must have free Optional accommodation available.
- The candidate will be required to work in the employer’s or client’s home.
Experience and specialization
- The candidate will be in charge of providing care to children of school age (6 – 12 years)
Security and safety
- The candidate must be bondable.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience