H.Q. Mushroom Farm Ltd. based in 28231 58th Avenue, Abbotsford, BC V4X 2E8 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Harvesting labourer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Weekend, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: H.Q. Mushroom Farm Ltd.
Position: Harvesting labourer
No. of vacancies: 10
Salary: $15.65 hourly for 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 28231 58th Avenue, Abbotsford, BC V4X 2E8
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting vegetables by hand.
- The candidate will be required to pick row and orchard crops.
- The candidate will be responsible for sorting and packing fruits and vegetables.
- The candidate must load, unload, and transfer crates, supplies, farm produce, livestock, and poultry.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should be flexible.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
Work Site Environment
- The type of farm operation is other miscellaneous crop farming.
- The candidate must be able to work at heights.
- The candidate must be able to work in wet/damp and dusty conditions.
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a rural area.
Experience and Specialization
Type of Crops
- The crop is mushrooms.
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with a fruit and vegetable harvester.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be able to distinguish between colours.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.