G.Mann Farms Ltd. based in Abbotsford, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of General farm worker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend, Overtime, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and Morning. The position of General farm worker has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: G.Mann Farms Ltd.
Position: General farm worker
No. of vacancies: 6
Salary: $16.75 hourly / 50 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Full time
Location: Abbotsford, BC
- The candidate must clean the crop.
- The candidate will be responsible for clipping
- The candidate will be responsible for grading.
- The candidate will be responsible for lowering.
- The candidate must plant, cultivate, and irrigate crops.
- The candidate will be responsible for tying.
- The candidate will be responsible for weeding.
- The candidate will be responsible for fertilising and spraying crops.
- The candidate must harvest crops.
- The candidate must operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Fluency in Spanish and Panjabi is an asset.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- Farm operations include fruit and vegetable combination farming and horticultural field crop farming.
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work in wet/damp, dusty and hot conditions.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
Experience and specialization
Type of crops
- The crop is blueberries.
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience operating a farm truck, fertilizer applicator, fruit harvester, loader, planting equipment, sprayer or duster, and tractor.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check as well as a driving record check (abstract).
- The candidate must have their own transportation.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to walk for long periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
1912 Lefeuvre Road
Abbotsford , BC
Please include the following while sending the application
- Copy of portfolio or relevant work examples