Gaio Acres Ltd. in Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON is looking suitable candidates for the position of Fruit Farm Labourer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or Seasonal employment.
Employer Name: Gaio Acres Ltd.
Position: Fruit Farm Labourer
No. of vacancies: 9
Salary: $15.00 hourly for 60 hours per week
Employment type: Full time, Seasonal employment
Location: Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON
Type of Farm Operations
Fruit and vegetable combination farming
- The candidate would be responsible in doing planting, cultivating and irrigation of crops according to schedule.
- The candidate will be required to inspect already planted crops to ensure that they are growing properly and address any prevailing issues.
- The candidate would be responsible in harvesting of crops.
- The candidate will be required to check every item to ensure farm’s standard while tossing away items that do not pass that threshold.
- The candidate will be required to monitor irrigation and soil moisture as per crop requirements.
- The candidate will be required to regularly update farm manager about crop progress.
- The candidate need to clear and maintain irrigation ditches.
- The candidate would be required to direct and monitor work of casual and seasonal help during planting and harvesting.
- The candidate should be responsible in ensuring cleanliness of the farm.
- The candidate will be required to keep an up-to-date knowledge of pests and diseases.
- The candidate should have the capability to detect disease and health problems in crops.
- The candidate would be responsible in protecting crops from weeds and pests by taking appropriate actions like spraying pesticides etc.
- The candidate should ensure uninterrupted water supply to the farm.
- The candidate should be responsible in keeping record information such as pesticide use and yields.
- The candidate would be responsible for selecting and picking of produce according to size and ripeness and disregard rotting and over ripped produce.
- The candidate would be responsible for grading, sorting and packing of produce into containers.
- The candidate would be responsible in participating the post-harvesting stage of crops and assist in packing them securely for storage purposes.
- The candidate must examine the quality of the product and get it ready for the market.
- The candidate should know English
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma .
- Previous experience in the farming industry is not mandatory.
- Knowledge of farming best practices would be an added advantage.
- The candidate must be physically fit.
- The candidate must be able to work long hours on farm.
- The candidate must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be flexible.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be authentic.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.