Narrowlane Farm based in Campbellville, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Fruit farm labourer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Term or contract or Full time job. The shift schedules have yet to be determined.
Employer Name: Narrowlane Farm
Position: Fruit farm labourer
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $15.50 hourly for 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Term or contract, Full time
Location: Campbellville, ON
- The candidate will be in charge of collecting brush.
- The candidate will be in charge of clipping.
- The candidate will be in charge of deleafing.
- The candidate will be in charge of fruit tree training.
- The candidate will be responsible for maintaining and managing vine growth, vine canopy, and grapes.
- The candidate will be expected to plant, cultivate, and irrigate crops.
- The candidate will be in charge of seed cutting.
- The candidate will be in charge of suckering.
- The candidate will be in charge of weeding.
- The candidate must operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment.
- The candidate must clean stables, barns, barnyards, and pens.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
Work Site Environment
- Farm operations include fruit and vegetable combination farming, other miscellaneous crop farming, soybean farming, and wheat farming.
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work in wet/damp, dusty and hot conditions.
Experience and Specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with a farm truck, loader, and tractor.
- The candidate must have their own transportation.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to walk for long periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter