Gidney Fisheries Limited based in Digby, NS is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Fish plant worker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate will be expected to work in various shifts. The position of Fish plant worker has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: Gidney Fisheries Limited
Position: Fish plant worker
No. of vacancies: 25
Salary: $16.00 hourly / 30 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Digby, NS
- The candidate will be responsible for transporting fish and shellfish to the work area.
- The candidate will be expected to clean machines and surrounding work areas.
- The candidate will be responsible for unloading fish and shellfish from fishing vessels and transporting them to the work area by hand or forklift truck.
- The candidate must weigh fish or shellfish, record the weight, and pack the fish in ice.
- The candidate must sort fish by species, weight, and destination.
- The candidate must measure and dump ingredients into the hoppers of mixing and grinding machines.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The candidate must be able to work in cold/refrigerated and wet/damp conditions.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options
Please include the following while sending the application
- Job reference number- GID-W001