Dhaliwal Ventures Inc based in Surrey, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Feeder, planer – woodworking who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend, On Call, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Dhaliwal Ventures Inc
Position: Feeder, planer – woodworking
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $20.20 hourly / 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Surrey, BC
- The candidate must set up, program, and operate one or more computerized or manual woodworking machines.
- The candidate must fabricate or repair wooden parts for furniture, fixtures, and other wood products.
- The candidate will be required to use gluing machines to glue wood pieces together or to press and affix wood veneer to wood surfaces.
- The candidate must be able to operate preset special purpose woodworking machines in order to fabricate wood products.
- The candidate must be able to read and interpret specifications as well as follow verbal instructions.
- The candidate must clean and lubricate machinery and equipment.
- The candidate must replace parts as required.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate of Secondary (high) school graduation.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to less than 7 months of experience in a related industry.
Work site environment
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty conditions.
- The candidate has access to public transportation.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must have steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, gloves, and ear plugs.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.