GURDEV GILL & SONS FARM based in Abbotsford, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm workers supervisor who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend, Overtime, On Call and Flexible Hours. The position of Farm workers supervisor has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: GURDEV GILL & SONS FARM
Position: Farm workers supervisor
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $19.00 hourly 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Abbotsford, BC
- The candidate will be responsible for supervising and coordinating the work of general farm workers and harvesting labourers.
- The candidate will be expected to create work schedules and procedures.
- The candidate must ensure that farm safety and bio-security procedures are followed.
- The candidate will be expected to keep track of quality control and production records.
- The candidate will be expected to supervise and oversee growing and other crop-related operations.
- The candidate will be in charge of keeping work records and logs.
- The candidate must operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment.
- The candidate will be expected to carry out general farm duties.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- Fluency in Spanish and Panjabi is an asset.
- The candidate must be able to manage 5 to 10 people as well as more than 20 people.
- The candidate must have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate must be well-organized.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The type of farm operation is fruit and vegetable combination farming.
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty and hot conditions.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- Accommodation facilities are available to the candidate.
Experience and specialization
Type of crops
- Crops include blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and sweet corn.
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with an automated irrigation system, harvesters, a sprayer or duster, a tractor, and a vegetable or fruit harvester.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate will be expected to manage a large workload.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.