United Food and Commercial Workers Canada Local 401 based in Calgary, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Legal counsel who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend, Flexible Hours and Morning. The candidate will also have the option of working remotely.
Employer Name: United Food and Commercial Workers Canada Local 401
Position: Legal counsel
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $116,000 annually for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Calgary, AB; Remote work available
- The candidate will be expected to advise clients on their legal rights and all legal matters.
- The candidate will be required to argue clients’ cases in front of courts of law, tribunals, and boards (lawyers only)
- The candidate will be expected to draw up legal documents and prepare statements of legal opinions.
- The candidate will be expected to represent the interests of the corporation/employer in all business related to legal matters.
- The candidate must provide mediation, conciliation, and arbitration services.
- The candidate will be expected to manage the budget.
- The candidate will be expected to supervise professional, paralegal, and support staff, as well as articling students.
- The candidate will be expected to lead law workshops.
- The candidate must conduct legal precedent research and gather evidence.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must be a member of a provincial or territorial law society.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent written communication skills.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate will be required to work in a private company, corporation, or industry.
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Word.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate will be expected to manage a large workload.
- The candidate must be able to handle a large case load.
- Health, Financial, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan, Paramedical services coverage and Vision care benefits.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive benefits in accordance with the collective agreement.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Life insurance and Pension plan.
- In addition to the Health, Financial, and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Free parking, Paid time off (volunteering or personal days), Team building opportunities and Wellness program.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter