Horodynsky Farms Inc. based in Churchill, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm worker, vegetables who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Horodynsky Farms Inc.
Position: Farm worker, vegetables
No. of vacancies: 18
Salary: $15.50 hourly / 44 to 50 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Churchill, ON
- The candidate will be in charge of grading.
- The candidate must perform vegetable culling.
- The candidate will be in charge of weeding.
- The candidate must harvest crops.
- The candidate will be responsible for sorting and packing fruits and vegetables.
- The candidate must clean the work area.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The type of farm operation is other vegetables and melon farming (except potato farming).
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty, hot, and cold/refrigerated conditions.
Experience and specialization
Type of crops
- The crops are onions.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
- The candidate must have their own transportation.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be able to distinguish between colours.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.