Kolk Farms Ltd based in SW22-11-30-W4, Iron Springs, AB T0K 1G0 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm worker, general who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Kolk Farms Ltd
Position: Farm worker, general
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $20.00 hourly / 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: SW22-11-30-W4, Iron Springs, AB T0K 1G0
- The candidate will be responsible for weeding.
- The candidate must detect disease and health issues in crops, livestock, and poultry.
- The candidate will be required to write basic progress reports on a daily basis.
- The candidate must perform general farm duties.
- The candidate must participate in field checks and verification.
- The candidate must keep track of quality control and production records.
- The candidate must arrange for shipping, receiving, and storage.
- The candidate must pack items for shipping and distribution.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate must be a quick learner.
Work site environment
- Farm operations include other grain farming, other miscellaneous crop farming, and grain, oil, and forage crop farming.
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- Accommodation facilities are available to the candidate.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a rural area.
Experience and specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience operating a farm truck.
Product inspection experience
- The candidate must have prior experience inspecting grains.
Automated systems experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with bulk grain or feed handling – automated.
Area of specialization
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about agricultural crop service.
- The candidate does not have access to public transportation.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan, Paramedical services coverage and Vision care benefits.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.