Puurveen Farms Ltd. based in 113034 Highway 845, Iron Springs, AB T0K 1G0 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm worker, general who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Part time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Puurveen Farms Ltd.
Position: Farm worker, general
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $20.00 hourly / 30 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Part time
Location: 113034 Highway 845, Iron Springs, AB T0K 1G0
- The candidate must be able to handle animals.
- The candidate will be responsible for livestock branding.
- The candidate must plant, cultivate, and irrigate crops.
- The candidate must harvest crops.
- The candidate must operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment.
- The candidate must clean stables, barns, barnyards, and pens.
- The candidate must perform general farm duties.
- The candidate will be expected to provide agricultural livestock services such as artificial insemination, livestock spraying or shearing, or disinfecting pens, barns, or poultry houses.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- Farm operations include beef cattle ranching and farming, including feedlots, corn farming, hay farming, and other grain farming.
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty conditions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a rural area.
Experience and specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience operating a farm truck, haying equipment, a loader, a manure spreader, a seed drill, a tractor, and hand tools.
Automated systems experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with storage and silage systems.
Area of specialization
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about beef cattle and agricultural crop service.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.