DG FARM based in Surrey, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm worker, general who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: DG FARM
Position: Farm worker, general
No. of vacancies: 4
Salary: $16.80 hourly / 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Surrey, BC
- The candidate will be in charge of cleaning the crop.
- The candidate will be in charge of deleafing.
- The candidate will be in charge of grading.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting vegetables by hand.
- The candidate will be in charge of mixing fertiliser.
- The candidate will be expected to plant, cultivate, and irrigate crops.
- The candidate will be in charge of weeding.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting crops.
- The candidate must operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment.
- The candidate must keep track of quality control and production records.
- The candidate will be expected to keep work records and logs.
- The candidate will be required to provide agricultural crop services such as plowing, irrigating, cultivating, spraying, or harvesting.
- The candidate will be expected to supervise and oversee growing and other crop-related operations.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to less than 7 months of experience in a related industry.
- Fluency in Panjabi is an asset.
Work site environment
- Farm operations include fruit and vegetable combination farming and tree and orchard fruit farming.
- Accommodation facilities are available to the candidate.
- The candidate will be required to work in an urban area.
Experience and specialization
Type of product
- The product type is deciduous trees.
Type of crops
- The crop is blueberries.
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with a farm truck, a fertiliser applicator, a fruit harvester, a lift truck, planting equipment, and a tractor.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate must be willing to walk for long periods of time.
- The candidate will be expected to manage a large workload.
- The candidate will receive Free parking and On-site housing options.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.