Haist Family Farms based in Fenwick, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm worker, fruit who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Full time job.
Employer Name: Haist Family Farms
Position: Farm worker, fruit
No. of vacancies: 15
Salary: $15.85 hourly / 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Full time
Location: Fenwick, ON
- The candidate will be responsible for fruit tree training.
- The candidate must plant, cultivate, and irrigate crops.
- The candidate must harvest crops.
- The candidate will be expected to inspect the product for quality and prepare it for market.
- The candidate will be responsible for sorting and packing fruits and vegetables.
- The candidate must pick row and orchard crops.
- The candidate must load, unload, and transfer crates, supplies, farm produce, livestock, and poultry.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
Work site environment
- The type of farm operation is fruit and vegetable combination farming.
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work in wet/damp, dusty, hot, and cold/refrigerated conditions.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
Experience and specialization
Type of crops
- Crops include apples, cherries, and orchard fruit.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate will be expected to manage a large workload.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.