Mahil Farms Ltd. based in Abbotsford, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm manager who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate will be required to work in various shifts.
Employer Name: Mahil Farms Ltd.
Position: Farm manager
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $23.08 hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Abbotsford, BC
- The candidate must maintain farm machinery, equipment, and buildings.
- The candidate will be expected to manage the farm’s overall operation.
- The candidate will be expected to plan and coordinate planting, cultivating, and crop harvesting activities, as well as raise and breed livestock and poultry.
- The candidate must purchase machinery, livestock, seed, feed, and other supplies.
- The candidate must determine the amount and types of crops to be grown, as well as the livestock to be raised.
- The candidate will be expected to establish marketing programmes.
- The candidate will be expected to keep financial and production records.
- The candidate will be responsible for recruiting, hiring, and supervising staff and/or volunteers.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
Work site environment
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty conditions.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.