Louis Kotnjek based in Newmarket, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Family caregiver who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Term or contract or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend and Morning. The position of Family caregiver has been approved by the LMIA.
Employer Name: Louis Kotnjek
Position: Family caregiver
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $18.00 hourly for 40 to 44 hours per week
Employment type: Term or contract, Full time
Location: Newmarket, ON
Target Audience: Elderly, Persons with physical disabilities, Persons with a disability, Females
- The candidate will be required to provide personal care such as toileting, bathing, and perineal care.
- The candidate will be required to provide companionship.
- The candidate will be responsible for preparing and serving nutritious meals.
- The candidate will be required to perform light housekeeping duties like cleaning and tidying the client’s room or house, changing beds etc.
- The candidate will be expected to launder clothing and household linens.
- The candidate will be required to collect specimens.
- In the absence of the householder, the candidate would be able to assume full responsibility for the household.
- The candidate will be expected to provide bedside and personal care.
- The candidate will be required to administer medications.
- The candidate will be required to assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene.
- The candidate will be expected to participate clients in regular exercise, such as walking, to ensure that they maintain their strength and work toward recovery.
- The candidate would be in charge of assisting and satisfying the social and emotional needs of a client.
- The candidate will be required to feed or assist in feeding.
- The candidate will be responsible for documenting and recording daily care reports which may include resident incident reports, restraint monitoring, and medication administration.
- The candidate must ensure that all personal care tasks are carried out in line with the needs, wishes and preferences of the individual.
- The candidate will be required to develop positive relationships with family and carers.
- The candidate will be required to provide the highest quality care to service users in their own homes in accordance with their support plan, using a person-centered approach.
- The candidate will be required to work within Health and Safety Regulations.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should have good interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature and have the ability to adapt to change.
- Candidates must understand and adhere to emergency procedures.
- The candidate should have good problem solving skills
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be confident.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Candidates must be accustomed to working with and comprehending the needs of various types of patients.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be customer-oriented and friendly.
- The candidate should be a good listener.
- The candidate should have experience in providing general care and support.
- The candidate should have good knowledge in home care services.
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight between 45 and 60 kg (100-132 lbs).
- On a live-in basis, the candidate will be required to have Optional accommodation available at no cost.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should provide a valid Reference details.
Work Site Environment
- Work places are completely smoke free.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should be willing to work in sitting, standing and walking position for long hours.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in bending, crouching and kneeling positions.
Work Location Information
- The candidate will be required to work in Urban area.
- Accommodation and meals will be provided for the selected candidate.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Letter of recommendation