Edmonton is the capital of one of the largest provinces, Alberta. The Metro area has around 1,491,000 populations which makes it the second largest after Calgary. Besides this, Edmonton contributes more than around $86 billion dollars to the Canadian GDP. So, there is no doubt the city has a lot of opportunities for all the immigrants from all over the world.
Besides this, Edmonton has many reputed universities which conduct a lot of research in science technology. This has created huge progress in the research and development of new technology in the city. Besides this, Alberta is also regarded as the oil capital of Canada. It was reported that the city’s massive oil reserve after Saudi Arabia. So, let’s look into some of the most popular and most in-demand jobs in Edmonton:
1. Mine Supervisor: As we all know Canada has one massive oil reserve in the country. Almost most of the province has some sort of oil reserve. This makes Canada one of the top destinations for people having proper knowledge in Mining. Mining Supervisor is the most in-demand job in Canada. If you some years of experience then you can easily land your job there.
Average Salary: $67,000 to $108,000
2. Manager: Edmonton is one of the fastest developing cities with a large number of new businesses opening every single year. So, the demands for management professionals are always in demand. Every year Canada welcomes many international students to full fill the gap of such professionals in the country. If you have hands- on experience with the degree you can easily get a job as a manager in Canada.
Average Salary: $80,000 to $150,000
3. Sales Manager: Edmonton has many small and large firms selling products all over the world. So, sales managers are the most sought professionals by these firms. If you having proper leadership skills or have years of experience as a sales manager. You can easily find sales manager jobs in Edmonton.
Average Salary: $72,000 to $108,000
4. Accounting: Edmonton has many big firms, banks, and almost every firms and small business need someone to keep their daily transaction and cost. Accounting professionals are mostly hired by most of these Big Firms and Banks. Any on having prior experience and knowledge is always welcomed.
Average Salary: $76,000 to $98,000
5. Technical Sales Representative: Technical sales representatives are those who are responsible for creating a good relationship in the market on the behalf of firms. Besides this, they also need to each with potential clients and customers so the job can be challenging for fresher. So, if you have already worked in this field and possess strong knowledge of market and customer you can easily land in this job.
Average Salary: $87,000 to $154,000
6. Professor: Edmonton has many reputed universities and colleges. Besides this, it also welcomes many international students every single year. So, experienced professors are always in demand in Edmonton. If you are graduated from a reputed university in Canada you easily land in this job.
Average Salary: $80,000 to $129,500
7. Petroleum Engineer: Edmonton is often called the oil capital of Canada. It has a massive reserve of minerals, oil, gas, and many precious metals. Apart from Petroleum Engineer mining expert and many such professional are always in demand. So, having proper knowledge will help you land the job easily.
Average Salary: $76,000 to $98,000
8. Software Developer: Software developers are another popular job in Edmonton. The cities have many big companies and not only in Edmonton software professional are always in demand in many big cities in Canada. If you have a degree relevant to software engineering and some years or more experience. You can easily get a job as a Software engineer in Edmonton. Average Salary: $80,000 to $97,000
9. Construction Supervisor: The city has planned many new development activities. So, construction is another most in- demand job in Edmonton. Edmonton is also among the fastest- growing cities in Canada so getting work in the Construction sector is not so much hard. Besides this, having some experience
as a Supervisor is a plus point while searching for a job.
Average Salary: $65,000 to $80,000
10. Surgeon: Surgeon is another popular job with high pay in Canada. However, getting certified as a surgeon is also another challenging task. One requires years of study and a lot of money than only they can become a Surgeon. This is why a Surgeon is the most sought job in Canada. In addition to this, the demand is always high for the professional. So, landing this job is easy if you have proper knowledge and skills.
Average Salary: $120,000 to $196,000
The above-listed jobs are some of the most popular and in-demand jobs in Edmonton. Besides this, there are many such high-paying jobs but we have only listed demanding jobs here. I hope that the article has helped you figure out about the most demanding jobs and it’s salary.
job bank edmonton, edmonton jobs, summer job bank, jobs in edmonton, alberta summer jobs, jobs in windermere, canadajobbank, summer jobs bank, jobs edmonton, city of edmonton jobs