ATL-Awake Transport Limited based in Edmonton, AB, is looking for drivers, truck-trailers with 5 vacancies. The type of trucking is Tractor-trailer; Straight truck (4,600kg+ or 10,000lbs+ with 3+ axles); Flatbed; Tractor-trailer B train; Extended length tractor-trailer combination. The once chosen to be employed will be required to start work as soon as possible. The shifts may vary from day to evening to night, it may continue in the weekend and there might also be overtime or on call and flexible hours other than early morning and morning shifts. The vacancies refer to that of permanent employment and a full time job.
Employer Name: ATL-Awake Transport Ltd.
Position: Driver, Truck-trailer
No. of vacancies: 5
Salary: $27.78 hourly for 50 hours per week
Employment type: Full Time
- To be able to transport and handle dangerous goods.
- Needs to perform preventive maintenance including performing emergency roadside repairs.
- Need to perform brake adjustments.
- Needs to load and unload goods.
- Needs to drive lighter and special purpose trucks.
- Should receive and relay information to Central dispatch.
- Should be able to operate and drive straight on articulated trucks to transport materials and goods.
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo is necessary.
- To be able to drive as a part of two person team or convoy.
- Needs to oversee the condition of vehicle and inspect the brakes, lights, tires, cold storage and other equipment.
- Needs to record the cargo information, the distance travelled, the hours of service and the fuel consumption.
- Needs to perform pre-trip enroute and post-trip inspection and oversee all the various aspects of the vehicle.
- Documentation of incident or accident reports, trip reports, repair and maintenance reports is required. Also, preparation of Inspection Report for pre-trip, enroute and post trip along with dangerous goods occurrence reports will be required.
- Bill of lading and driver log book maintenance is needed.
- Communication systems experience is needed to be able to operate GPS and other navigation equipment and citizens band radio.
- Might be required to coach colleagues on new works techniques or methods.
- Should show professionalism in customer service.
- Needs to have mountain driving expertise.
- Should be able to handle weight up to 23 kg.
- Should have a Secondary High School Graduation certificate.
- Should have Driver’s License (Class 1 or A), Air Brake (Z) Endorsement, Class 1/1F/A License (semi trailer trucks).
- Experience will be given importance.
- Should know English.
- Should own Tools; Steel-toed safety boots; Hard hat; Cellular phone.
- Should have drivers validity license check, driving record check, medical exam check, drug test check, criminal record check and a valid passport.
- Should be willing to travel across border and willing to travel for extended periods including overnight provided the travel expert prices will be paid by employer.
- Should be comfortable with repetitive tasks and handling of heavy loads which is physically demanding and may require paying attention to detail and sitting for long hours and driving manual transmission vehicle.
- Should have effective interpersonal skills and should be flexible and should be excellent in oral communication and written communication and in reliability, organization and judgement.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through,
12847 50 Street NW suite 306
T5A 1S1 Between 10:00 AM and 04:00 PM
780-271-1046 Between 10:00 AM and 04:00 PM
12847 50 Street NW suite 306