WEST STARS TRANSPORT LTD. based in Calgary, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Driver, truck who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: WEST STARS TRANSPORT LTD.
Position: Driver, truck
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $4,000 to $7,500 bi-weekly for 50 to 70 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Calgary, AB
- The candidate will be expected to respond to customer complaints or concerns.
- The candidate must have mountain driving experience.
- The candidate must have owner-operator business skills.
- The candidate will be expected to maintain professionalism in customer service.
- The candidate will be expected to plan travel, related itineraries, and make reservations.
- The candidate must load and unload goods.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be required to perform brake adjustments.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must have an Air Brakes Endorsement, a Class 1/1F/A Licence (semi trailer trucks), and a valid driver’s licence (Class 1 or A).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about Accident or incident reports, Bill of lading, Driver logbook, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Trans-border documentation and Trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The trucking and equipment type is tractor-trailer.
- The candidate must be well-versed in Local, National, Provincial or Territorial, and Regional regions.
- The candidate should have prior experience running both long-distance and short-distance trips.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
- The candidate must be willing to travel across borders.
- The candidate must be willing to travel for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to travel internationally.
- The candidate must be willing to travel overnight.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
535 TARALAKE WAY NE.
CALGARY , AB
403-926-9048 Between 07:00 AM and 06:00 PM