Driver, long haul
Bison Transport Inc based in 1001 Sherwin Rd, Winnipeg, MB R3H 0T8 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Driver, long haul who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Bison Transport Inc
Position: Driver, long haul
No. of vacancies: 50
Salary: $60,000 annually for 50 to 70 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 1001 Sherwin Rd, Winnipeg, MB R3H 0T8
- The candidate must have mountain driving experience.
- The candidate will be expected to maintain professionalism in customer service.
- The candidate will be required to load and unload goods.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be required to perform brake adjustments.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be responsible for recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- The candidate will be expected to transport and handle hazardous materials.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate of secondary (high) school graduation or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have an AZ class licence, an air brake endorsement, a Class 1/1F/A licence (semi trailer trucks), an air brake (Z) endorsement, a driver’s licence (Class 1 or A), the FAST (Free and Secure Trade) Program, a Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) certificate, and a Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) certificate.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about Accident or incident reports, Bill of lading, Dangerous goods occurrence reports, Driver logbook, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Maintenance and repair reports and Trans-border documentation.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The trucking and equipment type is tractor-trailer.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be able to use GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation devices.
- The candidate must be well-versed in International, Local, Provincial or Territorial, and Regional regions.
- The candidate should have prior experience running both long-distance and short-distance trips.
Security and safety
- The candidate must have a valid passport.
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough driver’s licence validity check, driving record check (abstract), and drug test.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must have a cell phone, a hard hat, steel-toed safety boots and tools.
- Health and Financial benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive mileage reimbursement.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
1001 Sherwin Rd
1001 Sherwin Rd
R3H 0T8 Between 08:00 AM and 05:00 PM
800-462-4766 Between 08:00 AM and 05:00 PM