Renewable Forest Products based in Thunder Bay, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Driver, logging truck who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Shift, Overtime, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Renewable Forest Products
Position: Driver, logging truck
No. of vacancies: 9
Salary: $30.90 hourly 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Thunder Bay, ON
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be responsible for overseeing condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and relaying information to central dispatch.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have an AZ class licence, a Class 1/1F/A licence (semi trailer trucks), a Commercial Vehicle Operator’s Registration (CVOR) Certificate, and a valid driver’s licence (Class 1 or A).
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about Accident or incident reports, Bill of lading, Driver logbook, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip) and Trip reports.
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- Trucking and equipment types include logging, highway, logging, off-highway, straight truck (4,600kg+ or 10,000lbs+ with 3+ axles), tractor-trailer, and tractor-trailer B train.
Communication Systems Experience
- The candidate must be familiar with Citizens Band (CB) radio.
- The candidate must have prior travel experience in the local area.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough Driver’s Licence Validity Check, Driving Record Check (abstract), and Medical Exam.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
- Health, Financial and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan, Paramedical services coverage and Vision care benefits.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive benefits in accordance with the collective agreement.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits, Life insurance and Pension plan.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter