Smith Trucking Service (1976) Ltd. based in 143040 TWP RD 19-1, Brooks, AB T1R 1B6 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Driver, gravel truck who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend, Overtime, On Call, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: Smith Trucking Service (1976) Ltd.
Position: Driver, gravel truck
No. of vacancies: 4
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 hourly for 40 to 75 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 143040 TWP RD 19-1, Brooks, AB T1R 1B6
- The candidate will be required to load and unload goods.
- The candidate must operate and drive straight or articulated trucks in order to transport goods and materials.
- The candidate will be expected to perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections as well as oversee all vehicle aspects.
- The candidate will be responsible for tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Candidate having experience is an asset.
- The candidate must have a Class 1/1F/A licence (semi trailer trucks), a Class 3/3F/DF licence (trailer truck, vehicles with more than three axles), and an Air Brake (Z) Endorsement certificate.
- The candidate should be reliable.
Experience and Specialization
- The candidate must be familiar with the Bill of Lading, Driver Logbook, and Inspection Report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip).
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- The trucking and equipment types are roll-off truck, dry bulk, dump truck, straight truck (4,600kg+ or 10,000lbs+ with 3+ axles), tractor-trailer, and tractor-trailer B train.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should undergo a thorough Driver’s Licence Validity Check and Driving Record Check (abstract).
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- Health, Financial and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits and Health care plan.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive Bonus.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits, Life insurance and Pension plan.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.