Highwork Limited based in 2703 White Street, Val Caron, ON P3N 0A7 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Draftsperson who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Highwork Limited specialises in the design, supply, installation, certification, training, and commissioning of passive and active engineered fall protection systems, as well as post-fall rescue and recovery. Highwork has the infrastructure needed to assist in the resolution of all types of fall hazards, including in-house engineering, fabrication, dedicated installation crews, and decades of experience. We have a strong desire to do things correctly.
Nothing should be left to chance when it comes to fall protection. Unacceptable is supposition. That is why our mission statement of “Predictable Results in a Time of Crisis” serves as the guiding philosophy in everything we do. Highwork Limited’s solutions have been used in every industry and by people from all walks of life. We communicate with customers. We pay attention to their requirements. Throughout the design, engineering, and installation processes, we work together. We are mentors and educators.
We learn from our customers. Our portfolio includes projects ranging from the deepest depths of the earth to the top of the CN Tower and everything in between. Highwork created the Guardwalk system as a passive fall protection system. Not to be confused with temporary kits, the Guardwalk system meets Canadian Building Code requirements, and each installation comes with a P.Eng. sealed drawing. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
Employer Name: Highwork Limited
No. of vacancies:1
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 hourly for 40 to 41 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment – Full time
Location: 2703 White Street, Val Caron, ON P3N 0A7
- The candidate should be fluent in both languages
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of College or CEGEP
- Previous experience is not mandatory
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should have strong critical thinking skills and knowledge of analytics.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should have the ability to analyse and interpret graphical data.
- The candidate should have good numeracy skills and the ability to make mathematical calculations.
- Candidates should be detail-oriented
- The candidate should have a strong understanding of AutoCAD and be able to create construction documents quickly.
- The candidate will be required to create various technical drawings by following specifications and calculations.
- The candidate should be Customer-oriented and friendly.
- The candidate should have ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance.
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should be well-versed in health and safety regulations.
- The candidate will be expected to prepare rough sketches as well as detailed work with CADD systems.
- The candidate will be expected to perform calculations for material and weight constraints.
- The candidate will be expected to communicate with architects and engineers as well as incorporate new knowledge into drawings.
- The candidate will be expected to prepare, review, and rewrite documents alongside the engineering team.
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that final designs are in accordance with building codes.
- The candidate must identify and communicate potential design issues to the rest of the team.
- The candidate should be able to accept criticism while remaining calm and effective in high-stress situations.
- The ideal candidate will be able to work well both as part of a team and on their own.
- The ideal candidate should have experience with 3D modelling tools.
- The ideal candidate must be able to describe production methods in detail (including equipment and software types to be used)
- The ideal candidate will be required to write manuals that describe the operation, features, and maintenance of existing products.
- The ideal candidate will be expected to enhance the functionality of an existing building or product.
- The ideal candidate must provide technical guidelines for various aspects of construction and manufacturing, such as all schematics and blueprints, building dimensions, materials, and workflow diagrams for multi-step procedures.
- The ideal candidate will be required to collaborate with other members of the construction team to discuss the product requirements needed to complete technical drawings and negotiate changes.
- During the construction phase of a project, the ideal candidate will be required to provide updates to plans.
- The ideal candidate will be expected to ensure that designs comply with government regulations and company policies.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be able to handle customer complaints, issues and questions.
- The candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Windows, Excel and Outlook
- The candidate should be a good listener.
- The candidate must maintain a clean and professional appearance.
- The selected candidates would be provided health and other benefits.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidates would get Health care plan
- In addition to the above mentioned health benefits the selected candidates would get other benefits in the form of free parking facilities.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter