Hydro One based in Barrie, ON, CA is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Distribution Line Technician who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Hydro One is proud to serve nearly 1.5 million customers as Ontario’s largest electricity transmission and distribution provider.
We have a long history in the industry, dating back more than 110 years to 1906. Since then, we’ve worked to expand and evolve in order to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we are focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring that the communities in which we live, work, and play are safe. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment and Full time job.
Employer Name: Hydro One
Position: Distribution Line Technician
No. of vacancies: 8
Salary: $126,496 per year
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Barrie, ON, CA
- The candidate will be responsible for carrying out engineering studies related to Distribution Power System protective co-ordination, voltage regulation, and other similar undertakings associated with distribution planning and/or field operations as needed to minimise the extent of uncontrollable service interruption or determine the impact on existing protective co-ordination scheme station/line loading and/or expected voltage levels.
- The candidate will be required to recommend measures for maintaining adequate equipment and voltage levels, as well as the need for new power lines or distribution stations, including the best location.
- The candidate will be required to collect, scrutinise, and calculate data for engineering analysis tools, ensuring that it is appropriate and correct for entry.
- The candidate will be expected to determine the applicability of data generated by engineering analysis tools.
- The candidate will be expected to prepare recommendations and/or specifications for protective coordination upgrades, line improvement projects, and other similar projects in order to remedy/improve existing or future line conditions that appear inadequate/insufficient by Hydro One standards.
- As needed, the candidate will be required to conduct distribution power system impact studies as a result of new customer loads.
- The candidate will be required to prepare customer load connection requirements and distribution power system recommendations based on engineering analysis results and submit them to the appropriate authority for review.
- The candidate will be required to use computers, engineering software, and ancillary equipment to facilitate work function.
- The candidate will be required to recommend improvements, revisions, and the like for computer programs/software and related engineering tools (Integration of new Technology into the above processes)
- The candidate must submit reports/correspondence to the supervisor or appropriate authority for review and approval.
- The candidate will be required to perform other duties, as required.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have completed a minimum two-year course of concentrated study in an electrical technician option obtained in the Province of Ontario from a College of Applied Arts and Technology, Polytechnic Institute, or Community College, or by having the equivalent level of education and/or experience.
- The candidate must have sufficient exposure and understanding of distribution system practises, procedures, and terminology, as well as protective co-ordination, voltage regulation, distribution line standards, work methods, techniques, and estimating activities.
- The candidate must have prior experience with various systems used throughout Hydro One, such as 3 wire and 4 wire systems.
- The candidate must have advanced computer skills and experience in order to become acquainted with computer programme applications and applicable systems in order to facilitate study preparation and data generation.
- The candidate must have on-the-job experience to become acquainted with equipment, its maintenance, manufacturer’s specifications, as well as contacts involved in line work activities.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination
- The candidate should have strong critical thinking skills
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The ideal candidate will be data-driven.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should be hardworking.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be good listener
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should be required to handling heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should have strong problem-solving skills.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options