BonLook Optique based in Chicoutimi, QC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Dispensing optician who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. We at BonLook believe that eyeglasses should be an expression of our individuality. We are proud to celebrate diversity, from face shape to eyewear preference. You’ll always be able to find a pair that suits you, your style, and your lifestyle when you shop with us. We look for ideas and let our imaginations run wild, sketching out designs before bringing them to life.
We prototype the designs that make the cut by using only the highest-quality materials and drawing inspiration from all over. Our glasses are all manufactured and assembled by world-class glass and lens manufacturers. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Term or contract or Part time leading to full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, Flexible Hours and Morning. The position of Dispensing optician has been approved by the LMIA
Employer Name: BonLook Optique
Position: Dispensing optician
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $20.00 to $35.00 hourly for 20 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Term or contract, Part time leading to full time
Location: Chicoutimi, QC
- The candidate should be fluent in French language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 1 to less than 7 months of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication.
- The candidate must be able to take the initiative and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should be Customer-oriented and friendly.
- The candidate must be self-motivated.
- The candidate must maintain a high level of courtesy and professionalism when dealing with customers.
- The candidate should have strong critical thinking skills
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality
- The candidate should be well-versed in the anatomy of the eye, as well as normal and abnormal vision and perception.
- The candidate should be well-versed in the laws and standards that govern the ophthalmic field.
- The candidate must have basic computer literacy.
- The candidate should be technically capable of performing precision lens grinding.
- The candidate should be self-assured when dealing with others.
- The candidate should be good at listening in order to provide the best advice to the customer.
- The ideal candidate will have strong sales skills as well as the ability to inspire customer loyalty.
- The candidate must be able to perform prescription analysis such as interpreting and transposing.
- The candidate will be expected to educate patients about lens materials, products, and designs.
- The candidate must create a complete eyewear product by combining frame design elements, lens materials, and optics with the patient’s prescription and lifestyle needs.
- The candidate will be expected to perform eyeglass frame adjustments and repairs, as well as proper frame alignment, a comfortable fit, functional vision, and instructions on proper eyeglass wear and care.
- The candidate must be able to accurately measure lens power, pupillary distance, multifocal segment height, lens base curve, vertex distance, and prism power.
- The candidate will be required to order custom lens products from wholesale optical laboratories, monitor the process, post charges, and bill insurance when necessary.
- The candidate will be required to verify and check the accuracy of ordered lens prescriptions.
- The candidate will be expected to keep an inventory of office supplies and other materials required to run the department properly.
- The candidate will be expected to keep track of product inventory levels.
- The candidate will be expected to inspect lenses upon delivery to ensure that they meet the specifications.
- The candidate will be expected to assist clients in selecting frames based on style and colour, as well as coordinating frames with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions.
- The candidate will be required to keep track of customer prescriptions, work orders, and payments.
- The candidate must demonstrate to clients how to insert, remove, and care for contact lenses and ensure that lenses fit properly.
- The candidate will be required to take frame and facial measurements to ensure proper frame fit and positioning.
- The candidate will be required to make minor repairs to damaged frames or replace frames as requested by the customer.
- The candidate should have excellent hand-eye coordination, motor coordination, and the ability to do precise work.
- The candidate must be able to remain calm in a stressful situation
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting and standing positions.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate
- Health, Financial and other benefits would be provided to the selected candidates.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidates would get Dental plan and Vision care benefits
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidates would get Bonus and Gratuities
- In addition to the above mentioned health and financial benefits the selected candidates would get other benefits in the form of Paid time off (volunteering or personal days) and Team building opportunities
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.