DOABA TRUCK AND TRAILER WELDING FABRICATION INC. based in Brampton, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Diesel mechanic who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
Employer Name: DOABA TRUCK AND TRAILER WELDING FABRICATION INC.
Position: Diesel mechanic
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $30.25 hourly for 35 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Brampton, ON
- The candidate will be expected to train apprentices.
- The candidate will be required to troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
- The candidate will be required to diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerised and other testing equipment to determine the extent of repair required.
- The candidate will be expected to order parts and keep inventory.
- The candidate must adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts.
- The candidate must keep maintenance reports and documentation.
- The candidate must have prior welding experience.
- The candidate will be expected to test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that the work meets the specifications of the manufacturer.
- The candidate must clean, lubricate, and perform other maintenance tasks.
- The candidate will be required to perform heavy truck repair work.
- The candidate will be required to service attachments and working tools.
- The candidate must verify and repair emission control systems.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The work environment is smoke-free.
- The candidate must be able to work in hot conditions.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
- The candidate will be required to work in a shop.
Experience and specialization
Diesel engine repair specialization
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about the fuel injection system, exhaust system, cooling system, lubrication system, engine control system, and engine and machinery installation and alignment.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.