Modular Driven Technologies LP based in Chilliwack, BC is inviting applications from suitable applicants for the position of Design Engineer – Mechanical who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment.
Employer Name: Modular Driven Technologies LP
Position: Design Engineer – Mechanical
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $75,000 to $100,000 annually for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Chilliwack, BC
- The candidate must conduct research on the feasibility, design, operation, and performance of mechanisms, components, and systems.
- The candidate must analyse the dynamics and vibrations of mechanical systems and structures.
- The candidate will be expected to research plans for the next generation of engine models and devise strategies for improving on current models.
- The candidate must design products using CAD and consult with engineering and manufacturing teammates to ensure that designs are feasible.
- The candidate will be required to design and build prototypes as well as run tests to determine their level of functionality.
- The candidate will be required to record and evaluate testing data, as well as change designs as needed to meet safety, performance, and efficiency standards.
- The candidate will be expected to calculate cost estimates for final product designs and submit reports to supervisors that include labour, material, delivery, and overhead costs.
- The candidate will be expected to conduct quarterly competitor product research and collaborate with the product development team to generate ideas for making our products the best on the market.
- The candidate will be required to carry out computer simulations and experiments in order to virtually test and refine the designs.
- The candidate will be in charge of supervising the design and production of physical prototypes for testing.
- The candidate will be responsible for documenting the design process, iterations, and test analytics.
- The candidate will be responsible for staying current on technological advances, design trends, and engineering best practises.
- The candidate will be required to perform calculations on the proposed machine before completing technical drawings.
- The candidate will be required to calculate factors like tolerance, dimensions, and thermal and structural analysis
- The candidate must submit drawings to upper management and construction teams.
- The candidate will be expected to upgrade, improve, or repair the company’s existing machines based on customer feedback and data.
- The candidate will be expected to provide assistance during the construction and installation processes, ensuring that the machine is built correctly and in accordance with design specifications.
- The candidate will be responsible for finalising designs and submitting prints to the production department.
- The candidate will be required to participate in design evaluations of mechanical systems and prototypes.
- The candidate must deliver technical vehicle packaging and material handling concepts that are optimised for weight, precision, production, durability, and velocity.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Master’s degree
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 3 to 5 years of working experience.
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- The candidate should be Customer-oriented and friendly.
- The candidate must have excellent written, oral, and verbal communication skills
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The ideal candidate will be a quick learner who can maintain focus and adapt to a variety of challenges.
- The candidate must be able to carry out detailed procedures in a time-sensitive environment.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should have strong problem-solving skills.
- The candidate should be able to keep up with technological advances and engineering design trends.
- The candidate should be well-versed in design and engineering principles as well as industry best practises.
- The candidate must be familiar with engineering design software such as AutoCAD, Solidworks, and Rhino.
- The candidate should be self-motivated and have the ability to take initiative.
- The candidate should have strong presentation skills.
- The candidate should be well-versed in material selection based on characteristics and manufacturing constraints.
- The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of engineering sciences and be comfortable communicating and making decisions in technical terms.
- The candidate should be able to supervise 3 to 4 people.
Area of Work Experience
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience in Research and development, Quality assurance or control, and Operations or production.
- The candidate will be required to work in Manufacturing or processing industry.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
- The candidate should be willing to handle large case load.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter