Cobrafer Construction Ltd. based in Britannia Beach, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Construction Worker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. COBRAFER CONSTRUCTION LTD takes your vision seriously and takes pride in our finishes because quality and craftsmanship are incorporated into every detail of our formwork. We always recommend the best concrete and aggregate available. To avoid marring the form, our team employs clean, smooth, and well-dressed tools.
We are a top-rated construction service provider, and our contractor and crew will transform your home into a modern, unique, and comfortable place to live, from the first nail to the final creative touches. We are proud to provide construction, formwork, and concrete services. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Early Morning and Morning. The position of Construction Worker has been approved by the LMIA.
Employer Name: Cobrafer Construction Ltd.
Position: Construction Worker
No. of vacancies: 4
Salary: $22.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Britannia Beach, BC
Construction Specialization: Residential, Industrial, commercial and institutional
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should know other languages including Spanish.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 1 to 2 years of working experience in similar industry
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and have strong organizational skills.
- The candidate should have excellent communication skill.
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should be able to work in a safe and efficient manner with little supervision.
- The candidate should be familiar with small front end loaders, sledgehammers, sandblasters, mortar and concrete mixers, jackhammers, drills, concrete saws, concrete vibrators, compactors, chippers, chain saws, beltcretes, air compressors, reciprocating saws, circular saws, air guns, nail guns, augers, grouting machines, and grinding machines.
- The candidate should be able to handle weight
- The candidate should have a thorough criminal record check.
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate.
- The candidate would be in charge of loading, unloading, and transporting construction materials.
- The candidate would be in charge of mixing, pouring, and spreading materials such as concrete and asphalt.
- The candidate will be required to remove rubble and other debris at construction sites using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment
- The candidate would be in charge of erecting and deconstructing concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks, shoring, and barricades.
- The candidate would be in charge of operating and maintaining construction equipment and machines.
- The candidate will be required to tend or feed machines or equipment used in construction such as mixers, compressors and pumps
- When necessary, the candidate would be responsible for assisting equipment operators, carpenters, and other skilled labourers.
- The candidate would be in charge of cleaning obstacles and hazards on construction sites.
- The candidate will be required to assist in aligning pipes and perform related activities during oil and gas pipeline construction
- The candidate will be required to clean and pile salvaged materials.
- The candidate would be in charge of assemble and disassemble temporary structures such as scaffolding.
- The candidate would be in charge of removing, filling, or compacting earth.
- The candidate would be in charge of following the instructions of supervisors.
- The candidate will be required to assist craft workers.
- The candidate will be expected to follow all safety procedures on the job site and report any violations to management immediately.
- The candidate will be expected to keep the job site safe and clean by properly handling and storing materials, picking up and removing all tools and equipment when not in use, and securing the job site on a daily basis.
- The candidate would be responsible for reading, interpreting blueprints and design.
- The candidate will be required to use a rake and shovel to level the earth to fine grade specifications.
- The candidate will be required to assist miners in excavating and in setting up and operating various drills and other surface mining machinery
- The candidate would be responsible for assisting heavy equipment operators to secure special attachments to equipment, signal operators to guide them in moving equipment and provide assistance in other activities.
- The candidate will be required to assist in drilling and blasting rock at construction sites.
- The candidate will be required to clean up chemical spills and other contaminants, and remove asbestos and other hazardous materials
- The candidate will be required to use spray guns for application of material to ceilings or walls.
- The candidate would be responsible for operating pneumatic hammers, vibrators and tampers
- The candidate will be required to participate in demolitions.
- The candidate will be required to use hand tools like shovels and picks, as well as large machinery like excavators and backhoes, to remove dirt and rocks from sites in order to prepare them for foundation construction.
- The candidate will be required to dig trenches for drainage, electrical piping, and other utility lines on new construction sites, which frequently occurs before any other work on the site.
- The candidate will be required to perform other activities at construction sites, as directed.
- The candidate must have incredible multitasking abilities.
- The candidate must be able to remain calm in a stressful situation
- Candidates are required to wear steel-toed safety boots, Hard hat, Safety glasses or goggles, Safety vest and Ear plugs.
Work Site Environment
- The candidate should be willing to work in an outdoor environment for long hours.
- The candidates will be required to work in confined spaces.
- The candidate must be able to work at heights
- The candidate should be prepared to work under dangerous work conditions.
- The candidate will be required to work in wet or damp, dusty, hot or cold environments.
- For transportation, the candidate should use their own vehicle.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should be required to handling heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in bending, crouching and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work standing position for extended periods.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
Work Location Information
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options