BG 1883 INC based in Guelph, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Construction Trades Helper who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Barber Glass, a branch of BG 1883 INC, is a family-owned and operated company with five generations of experience and expertise in transforming ideas into glass. Barber Glass has a very clear vision. We are a glass, mirror, and metal fabricator, supplier, and installation for both residential and commercial projects. Over the past 135 years, the company has grown through establishing trust and respect with our customers, suppliers, workers, and partners via professional conduct. No matter the scale or complexity of the project, our staff is dedicated to giving only the best in customer service by ensuring premium, quality products and service at a fair market pricing.
Barber Glass is continually seeking for new methods to innovate and stay ahead of the curve in the field of glass technology. It is because of this that we are able to deliver solutions to complex, forward-thinking architectural projects. Our goal is to provide the best possible customer service. We accomplish this by offering industry-leading service and high-quality items that significantly increase the value of your house. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment and Full time job.
Employer Name: BG 1883 INC
Position: Construction Trades Helper
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $16.50 to $18.50 hourly for 80 hours bi-weekly
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Guelph, ON
Construction Specialization: Residential
- The candidate will be required to load, unload and transport construction materials
- The candidate would be responsible for reading and interpreting blueprints
- The candidate will be required to tend or feed machines or equipment used in construction such as mixers, compressors and pumps
- The candidate will be required to remove rubble and other debris at construction sites using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment
- The candidate will be required to mix, pour and spread materials such as concrete and asphalt
- The candidate will be required to direct traffic at or near construction sites
- The candidate would be responsible for assisting framing houses, erecting walls and building roofs
- The candidate will be required to clean and pile salvaged materials.
- The candidate will be required to assist in demolishing buildings using prying bars and other tools
- The candidate would be responsible for assisting tradespersons such as carpenters, bricklayers, cement finishers, roofers and glaziers in construction activities
- The candidate would be responsible for assisting heavy equipment operators to secure special attachments to equipment, signal operators to guide them in moving equipment and provide assistance in other activities
- The candidate will be required to assist in aligning pipes and perform related activities during oil and gas pipeline construction
- The candidate will be required to assist in drilling and blasting rock at construction sites
- The candidate will be required to assist miners in excavating and in setting up and operating various drills and other surface mining machinery
- The candidate will be required to use a rake and shovel to level the earth to fine grade specifications.
- The candidate will be required to clean up chemical spills and other contaminants, and remove asbestos and other hazardous materials
- The candidate will be required to perform other activities at construction sites, as directed.
- The candidate would be responsible for installing and removing concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks and barricades at construction sites.
- The candidate would be responsible for operating pneumatic hammers, vibrators and tampers
- The candidate should be fluent in English language
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 7 months to 1 years of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate should be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- The candidate should have a thorough criminal record check.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should have excellent customer service skills.
- The candidate should have the ability to work quickly without compromising quality
- The candidate should be a good team player with enough interpersonal and judge-mental skills.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should be able to work in a safe and efficient manner with little supervision.
- The candidate should be able to follow oral and written instruction
- The candidate should have good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate should be willing to work in an outdoor environment for long hours.
- The candidate must be able to work at heights
- The candidate will be required to work in wet or damp, dusty and hot or cold environments.
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- The candidate should have experience in handling Drills.
- Candidates are required to wear steel-toed safety boots.
- For transportation, the candidate should use their own vehicle.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared for doing physically challenging tasks as part of daily work.
- The candidate should be required to handling heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in bending, crouching and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work standing position for extended periods.
- Health and Financial benefits would be provided to the selected candidates.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidates would get Health care plan, Dental plan and Vision care benefits
- Under Financial Benefits, the selected candidates would get Bonus.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.