Seasons Colours Limited based in Scarborough, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Construction painter who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Weekend and Morning.
Employer Name: Seasons Colours Limited
Position: Construction painter
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $28.75 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Scarborough, ON
- The candidate must prepare, clean, and sand surfaces to be painted.
- The candidate will be expected to fill cracks and holes.
- The candidate must mix paint to achieve the desired colour and texture.
- The candidate must measure, cut, and apply wallpaper and other fabric to walls.
- The candidate must erect scaffolding and swing stages as well as attach rigging.
- The candidate will be required to apply paint, wallpaper, and other materials and finishes to interior and exterior surfaces.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The candidate will be required to work in various locations.
Experience and specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with airless spray equipment, brush painting, conventional spray painting, multi-ratio pump spraying, patterned rollers, roller painting, and thermal spray equipment.
Surface preparation experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with surface preparation techniques such as drywall taping and patching, water and hydroblasting, steam cleaning, flame cleaning, and sandblasting.
- The candidate must be skilled in Aggregate painting, Multi-color finishes, Metallized coatings, Powdered coatings, Dipping, and Paint spraying.
Wood finishing specialization
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about staining.
Wall covering specialization
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about wall covering techniques such as wallpaper, fabrics/upholstery, and wood veneers.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be able to distinguish between colours.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- References attesting experience