Shamrock Building Services Ltd. based in Edmonton, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Construction labourer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate will be required to work during the day shift.
Employer Name: Shamrock Building Services Ltd.
Position: Construction labourer
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $22.00 to $27.00 hourly for 40 to 44 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Edmonton, AB
- The candidate must load, unload, and transport construction materials.
- The candidate will be expected to assist in the demolition of buildings.
- The candidate must clean and stack salvaged materials.
- The candidate must remove rubble and other debris from construction sites.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have a Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) certificate and have completed the Fall Arrest Protection Training Course.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 45 kg (100 lbs).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work at heights.
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty conditions.
Experience and specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with circular saws, chippers, air compressors, air guns, nail guns, drills, and trampers (Jumping Jack).
- The candidate must be skilled in the construction of industrial, commercial, institutional, and residential buildings.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate must have steel-toed safety boots, a hard hat, and a safety vest.
- Health and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits and Health care plan.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits, Life insurance and Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP).
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.