Riverport Tavern based in 132 Front St S, Sarnia, ON N7T 2M4 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Cocktail waiter/waitress who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Part time leading to full time job. The shift timings include Evening, Night, Weekend and 20:00 to 02:30.
Employer Name: Riverport Tavern
Position: Cocktail waiter/waitress
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $15.50 hourly 10 to 20 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Part time leading to full time
Location: 132 Front St S, Sarnia, ON N7T 2M4
- The candidate must be of legal drinking age to mix and serve alcoholic beverages.
- The candidate will be expected to respond to customer complaints or concerns.
- The candidate must present bills to customers and accept payment in cash, credit or debit cards, travellers cheques, or room billings.
- The candidate will be expected to describe menu items, including daily specials, to customers.
- The candidate will be responsible for enforcing provincial/territorial liquor laws and regulations.
- The candidate must clear and clean tables, trays, and chairs.
- The candidate must greet customers, present menus, make recommendations, and answer questions about food and beverages.
- The candidate must be able to serve food and beverages.
- The candidate will be responsible for taking orders and relaying them to kitchen and bar staff.
- The candidate must assist clients/guests with special needs.
- The candidate must provide excellent customer service.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must have a Smart Serve certificate and have completed Food and Beverage Server Training.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 9 kg (20 lbs).
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skill.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate must work in a restaurant, pub, hotel, motel, or resort.
- The candidate will be required to work in an urban area.
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about electronic cash registers.
- The candidate has access to public transportation.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate must have their own uniform.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.