Hôtel Quintessence inc. based in Mont-Tremblant, QC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Clerk, night – hotel who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. Hotel Quintessence is a world-class establishment in Mont-Tremblant, Quebec, Canada, approximately 130 kilometres (85 miles) north of Montreal. The “Q,” which has 30 ultra-luxurious suites, is known for its personalised service in a warm, relaxing environment. Hotel Quintessence, established in 2003 on a mountainside historic waterfront estate, is located on Lake Tremblant and within walking distance of the Tremblant pedestrian resort, allowing you to enjoy the best of both worlds. We’ve won awards from Forbes Travel Guide, TripAdvisor, and Condé Nast Johansens, including Best Small Hotel in North America.
This award-winning gem is ideal for nature, sports, culture, and fine dining enthusiasts, whether on a romantic or family vacation. On-site event planning services are also available at the Hotel Quintessence. The dedicated team’s raison d’être is to exceed your expectations with events ranging from corporate retreats to the most lavish weddings. Our goal is to provide our guests with “the quintessential things of life,” everything they need to feel at ease for the rest of their lives. This philosophy underpins everything we do. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Evening, Night, Weekend and Shift.
Employer Name: Hôtel Quintessence inc.
Position: Clerk, night – hotel
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $22.00 hourly for 30 to 35 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Mont-Tremblant, QC
- The candidate must provide information on hotel facilities and services.
- The candidate will be responsible for processing guest departures, calculating charges, and receiving payments.
- The candidate must investigate and resolve complaints and claims.
- The candidate must balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports, and related forms.
- The candidate will be expected to answer the phone and relay calls and messages.
- The candidate will be required to perform clerical duties (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying).
- The candidate must adhere to emergency and safety procedures.
- The candidate will be responsible for accepting, cancelling, and changing room reservations.
- The candidate will be responsible for registering guests and assigning rooms.
- The candidate will be expected to process group arrivals and departures.
- The candidate will be required to exchange foreign currency.
- The candidate will be expected to provide general information about local points of interest.
- The candidate must be able to handle wake-up calls.
- The candidate would be responsible for providing excellent customer service
- The candidate will be in charge of assisting clients/guests with special needs.
- The candidate will be expected to keep track of vacancies, reservations, and room assignments.
- During check-in, the candidate will be responsible for verifying guests’ payment methods.
- The candidate will be responsible for receiving and managing reservations made online and over the phone.
- The candidate will be responsible for organising transportation services for guests on their behalf.
- The candidate will be expected to keep an accurate record of reservations.
- The candidate will be responsible for liaising with our housekeeping staff to ensure that all rooms are clean, tidy, and fully-furnished to meet the needs of our guests.
- The candidate will be responsible for confirming group reservations and arranging personalised services for VIP customers and event attendees such as wedding guests.
- The candidate will be expected to meet walk-ins and those with bookings as they arrive at the front desk.
- The candidate will be expected to schedule unique services, such as spa treatments, when customers inquire for them.
- The candidate must be familiar with all elements of our resort or hotel’s operations.
- The candidate will be expected to verify credit acceptance by reviewing and recording driver’s licence numbers, as well as operate credit card authorization systems.
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the front desk is fully stocked with any items that guests may require before housekeeping departs for the day.
- The candidate will be expected to keep the front desk area clean and tidy.
- The candidate will be expected to observe and report any security issues to resort management.
- The candidate will be responsible for administering and managing inbound/outbound mail, including priority mail, packages, courier services, and other correspondence.
- At the end of the shift, the candidate will be required to prepare reports for the manager on check-ins, check-outs, housekeeping, and other guest services.
- The candidate must follow all department policies and procedures.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 7 months to 1 year of working experience in similar industry.
- The candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The candidate should have experience in administrative and clerical procedures
- The candidate must be consistent in appearance, dress, and demeanour.
- The candidate should be a good listener.
- The candidate should have excellent problem solving skills.
- The candidate should be punctual.
- The candidate should be accountable.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate should have excellent time management skills and have strong organizational skills.
- The candidate should have the ability to prioritize work.
- The candidate should have the ability to multitask, especially in a fast-paced work environment.
- The candidate will be required to provide quality customer services and maintain high standard of professionalism.
- The candidate should be Customer-oriented and friendly.
- The candidate should be energetic with a positive attitude
- The candidate should have excellent eye-hand coordination.
- The candidate should have thorough knowledge and use of all relevant computer software and the ability to help organize data and information retrieval systems.
- The candidate should be proficient in handling Multi-line switchboard, Internet and Central reservation system (CRS)
- The candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Windows, Excel, Office, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook.
- The candidate having hands on experience in Spreadsheet is an added advantage.
- The candidate should have a thorough Criminal record check.
- The candidate should be bondable and easily communicate
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should ready to work overtime if needed.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting and standing positions.
- The candidate should be self-disciplined and trusted to work independently, as well as capable of working with minimal supervision.
- The candidate should have valid driver’s licence.
- Under Long term benefits, the selected candidates would get Group insurance benefits.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.