Prica Group Construction Management Inc. based in Waterloo, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Building inspector who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate will be required to work during the day shift.
Employer Name: Prica Group Construction Management Inc.
Position: Building inspector
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $37.02 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Waterloo, ON
- The candidate will be required to examine plans, drawings, and site layouts.
- The candidate must provide information/training to employers, employees, and the general public.
- The candidate must inspect building and engineering construction.
- The candidate will be responsible for planning, designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating safety programmes.
- The candidate must ensure that drawings, specifications, and building codes are followed.
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that electrical and plumbing installations comply with government regulations.
- The candidate must enforce steel and concrete installation codes.
- The candidate will be expected to inspect the construction of sewer systems and pipelines.
- The candidate will be expected to inspect to ensure that safe working conditions are maintained.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a College/CEGEP diploma or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have a First Aid Certificate and have completed a Fall Arrest Protection Training Course.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate must be well-organized.
Work site environment
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work at heights.
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty conditions.
Experience and specialization
Type of inspection
- The candidate must have prior experience inspecting both new and existing buildings.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.