L.H. Gray & Son Limited based in Moorefield, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Barn worker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend, On Call, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: L.H. Gray & Son Limited
Position: Barn worker
No. of vacancies: 8
Salary: $19.35 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Moorefield, ON
- The candidate will be required to feed inventory.
- The candidate will be in charge of monitoring animal health.
- The candidate must operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment.
- The candidate must detect disease and health issues in crops, livestock, and poultry.
- The candidate will be required to install and monitor water lines, air flow, and temperature in barns, pens, and chicken coops.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate should have minimum qualification of Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work Site Environment
- The type of farm operation is layer poultry farming.
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty conditions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a rural area.
- The candidate must be willing to relocate to the specified location.
Experience and Specialization
Automated systems experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with manure handling and storage, as well as an egg gathering system.
- The candidate must have their own transportation.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to walk for long periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- Health, Financial, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Health care plan and Vision care benefits.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive Bonus.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Life insurance and Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP).
- In addition to the Health, Financial, and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive Free parking, On-site housing options and Paid time off (volunteering or personal days).
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.