Advance North Mechanical Ltd. based in Dawson, YT is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Automotive service technician who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment and Full time job. The shift timings include Day and Morning.
Employer Name: Advance North Mechanical Ltd.
Position: Automotive service technician
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $36.00 to $46.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Dawson, YT
- The candidate will be expected to inspect and test mechanical units in order to identify faults and malfunctions.
- The candidate must inspect motors in operation, drive motor vehicles, and test automotive systems and components.
- The candidate will be required to adjust, repair, or replace automotive system parts and components.
- The candidate will be expected to diagnose faults and malfunctions and confirm findings with the supervisor in order to determine whether the unit should be repaired or replaced.
- The candidate must repair or replace mechanical units or components.
- The candidate will be expected to test and adjust repaired systems in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications.
- The candidate must perform scheduled maintenance service.
- The candidate must test and adjust units to specifications.
- The candidate must complete reports to record problems and work performed.
- The candidate must review work orders and discuss work with the supervisor.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate or diploma in other trades or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty conditions.
- The candidate will be required to work in the shop.
- The candidate must be willing to relocate to the specified location.
Experience and specialization
Area of specialization
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about 4-wheel drive, Electrical and electronic system, Diesel engines, Diagnostics, Alignment, steering and suspension, Brake system, Hydraulic system, Fuel and emission system, Ignition and electrical system, Automatic transmission, Standard transmission, Engine repair and overhaul, Drive train components and Front end components.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
- Health and Long term benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan and Paramedical services coverage.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive additional benefits.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter