Assistant farm manager
CANA Farms Inc based in Qu’Appelle, SK is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Assistant farm manager who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, On Call, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and Morning.
Employer Name: CANA Farms Inc
Position: Assistant farm manager
No. of vacancies: 3
Salary: $27.00 to $35.00 hourly for 40 to 70 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Qu’Appelle, SK
- The candidate will be expected to carry out general farm duties.
- The candidate must provide staff training.
- The candidate will be expected to plant, cultivate, and irrigate crops.
- The candidate must operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment.
- The candidate will be expected to keep track of quality control and production records.
- The candidate will be required to fertilise and spray crops.
- The candidate must coordinate maintenance and repair services.
- The candidate will be expected to supervise and oversee crop-related operations.
- The candidate must ensure that farm safety and bio-security procedures are followed.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication.
- The candidate should be flexible.
- The candidate must be capable of acting on their own initiative.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
Work Site Environment
- Farm operations include oilseed (except soybean) farming, other grain farming, grain, oil, and forage crop farming, and harvest crops.
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a remote and rural area.
Experience and Specialization
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with a fertiliser applicator, harvesters, seed drills, sprayers or dusters, tractors, and trucks.
Security and Safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check as well as a driver’s licence validity check.
- The candidate must have a basic security clearance.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be able to handle a heavy workload.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
- Health, Financial, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan and Health care plan.
- Under financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive paid gasoline.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Group insurance benefits and Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP).
- In addition to the health, financial, and long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive employer-paid learning/training and team building opportunities.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience