North Bay Humane Society based in North Bay, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Animal control officer who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Part time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend and On Call.
Employer Name: North Bay Humane Society
Position: Animal control officer
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $16.15 hourly for 20 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Part time
Location: North Bay, ON
- The candidate will be expected to enforce municipal and provincial regulations, investigate complaints, and issue warnings and citations to commercial and residential property owners and occupants.
- The candidate will be required to respond to citizen complaints about stray domestic animals, livestock, and wildlife; issue warnings and citations to owners; and impound lost, homeless, and dangerous animals.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a College, CEGEP, or other non-university certificate or diploma from a programme lasting one to two years, or equivalent experience.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 45 kg (100 lbs).
- The candidate should be accurate.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate will be required to work in an animal shelter.
Experience and specialization
Area of work experience
- The candidate must have prior experience as an animal control officer and a by-law enforcement officer.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
- The candidate should be willing to work under pressure.
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in sitting, standing, and walking positions.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.