Alberta Council of Turnaround Industry Maintenance Stakeholders based in Fort McMurray, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Welder who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Term or contract or Full time job. The candidate will be required to work the Day shift from 08:00 a.m. to 18:00 p.m.
Employer Name: Alberta Council of Turnaround Industry Maintenance Stakeholders
No. of vacancies: 50
Salary: $46.20 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Term or contract, Full time
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
- The candidate must interpret welding process specifications.
- The candidate must be able to use manual, semi-automatic, and fully automated welding equipment.
- The candidate must be able to read and interpret welding blueprints, drawings, specifications, manuals, and processes.
- The candidate will be expected to examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/or specifications.
- The candidate must be able to operate either manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment.
- The candidate must be able to use oxygen arc cutting equipment (arc-air) (AOC)
- The candidate must determine the weldability of materials.
- The candidate will be expected to train apprentices.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a certificate or diploma in other trades.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate must have a First Aid Certificate, Pressure Welding Certification, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate, Welder Trade Red Seal Certificate, and have completed a Fall Arrest Protection Training Course.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must be well-organized.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work at heights.
- The candidate will be required to work in confined spaces.
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty and hot conditions.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate must work in an environment with a high concentration of odours.
- Accommodation will be provided for the candidate.
- The candidate will be required to work in an industrial setting.
Experience and specialization
Type of materials
- Materials include nickel alloys, stainless steel, steel, iron, and heavy metals, titanium, and special alloys.
- The welding techniques are shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) (TIG), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), and flux core arc welding (FCAW)
Equipment and machinery experience
- The candidate must have prior experience with an Arc welding machine.
Area of specialization
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about pressure vessels and large diameter pipelines.
Security and safety
- The candidate must have a basic security clearance.
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough drug test.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must perform manual dexterity tasks.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must have their own steel-toed safety boots.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive benefits in accordance with the collective agreement.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.