Scotian Gold Cooperative Limited based in Newport, NS is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Warehouse worker – material handling who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Part time job. The shift timings include Day and Weekend.
Employer Name: Scotian Gold Cooperative Limited
Position: Warehouse worker – material handling
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 hourly (to be negotiated) / 18 to 30 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Part time
Location: Newport, NS
- The candidate must be capable of loading, unloading, and moving products and materials by hand or with basic material handling equipment.
- The candidate will be expected to load, unload, and move materials and products using a variety of equipment.
- The candidate will be responsible for picking orders and stocking shelves.
- The candidate must provide excellent customer service.
- The candidate must wrap goods.
- The candidate must pack and unpack goods.
- The candidate must sort, crate, and stack goods.
- The candidate must install, lash, and secure goods.
- The candidate will be expected to organise and keep inventory.
- The candidate must be able to use computerised inventory control systems.
- The candidate will be expected to handle and store hazardous products.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- Training will be provided to the selected candidate.
- The candidate must have Forklift Operator Certification, Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Certificate, and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate.
- The candidate must be able to handle weight up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- The candidate must have a positive attitude.
- The candidate must be proactive.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
Work site environment
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work in dusty, hot, and wet/damp conditions.
- The work site environment is noisy, and the candidate must be able to work with complete concentration even in such conditions.
- The candidate must work in the warehouse and retail industries.
Experience and specialization
Vehicle and equipment experience
- The candidate must have prior experience operating dollies and hand trucks, light trucks, industrial lift trucks, and forklifts.
- The candidate must have their own transportation.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.