Truck trailer mechanic
Akal Truck & Trailer Centre Inc based in 82 Raynhem Drive, Winnipeg, MB R3C 2E6 is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Truck trailer mechanic who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The position of Truck trailer mechanic has been approved by the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Employer Name: Akal Truck & Trailer Centre Inc
Position: Truck trailer mechanic
No. of vacancies: 5
Salary: $25.25 hourly for 30 hours per 30 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 82 Raynhem Drive, Winnipeg, MB R3C 2E6
- The candidate will be required to adjust, repair, or replace parts and components of commercial transport truck systems.
- The candidate will be expected to inspect and test mechanical units in order to identify faults and malfunctions.
- The candidate will be expected to adjust, repair, or replace automotive system parts and components.
- The candidate will be expected to adjust, repair, or replace truck-trailer system parts and components.
- The candidate will be expected to diagnose faults and malfunctions and confirm findings with the supervisor in order to determine whether the unit should be repaired or replaced.
- The candidate must repair or replace mechanical units or components.
- The candidate will be expected to test and adjust repaired systems in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications.
- The candidate must perform scheduled maintenance service.
- The candidate must test and adjust units to specifications.
- The candidate will be expected to advise customers on work completed and future repair needs.
- The candidate must complete reports to record problems and work performed.
- The candidate must review work orders and discuss work with the supervisor.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a College/CEGEP diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication skills.
- The candidate must be flexible.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate will be required to work in the shop.
Experience and specialization
Area of specialization
- The candidate must be knowledgeable about Engine repair, Electrical and electronic system, Diesel engines, Diagnostics, Alignment, steering and suspension, Brake system, Hydraulic system, Fuel and emission system, Ignition and electrical system, Automatic transmission, Standard transmission, Engine repair and overhaul, Drive train components, Auto body repair, Collision repair, Fibreglass repair, Welding, Truck-trailer repair, Front end components and Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must have their own tools.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Please include the following while sending the application
- Cover letter